Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A visit to one of the top B-schools

Since my second year of engineering course, I have plans to do MBA. At that point of time, I did not carry the concrete mission for my life. As a student, I wished to see the life of an MBA student and see how different it is when compared to the life of bachelor of engineering student. I fulfilled that dream after four years on 25th July 2008. I took this blog as an opportunity to share my experiences in visiting a top B-school.

During college days, I took the initiatives of gathering people and making them to participate in activities such as movies, parties, sports. Though informal, these activities boosted my confidence that I can lead people from the front. The rationale for such confidence is that I was able to unite people with different mentalities and tastes. After joining Wipro, my immediate thoughts were when to pursue MBA. In India, the popular business schools which we frequently hear are IIMs and ISB. The avid interest to visit a B-school became easy as ISB is located in Hyderabad (where I was born and brought up) and that too in the lane of Wipro, where I am currently working. Whenever I pass in front of ISB, I feel energetic. It motivates me, reminds me and makes me feel responsible. Inside my mind, I stand and salute to all such top institutions across the globe.

ISB allows the prospective students to visit the campus. I got the opportunity to visit the campus after reserving a slot through online. On the visiting day at 6.30 P.M., I was little late due to the work at office. I parked my bike and rushed to the reception. I found the hall with the help of a security guy and joined the session. The room was crammed full of prospective students and one of the current year students with mellifluous English accent is taking the session explaining the various activities that are carried out there. Then a member from admissions panel continued the session by briefing about admissions process. I knew the admissions process in advance which would be, more or less, the same for many B-schools. Later I visited the campus which is full of greenery and then library which is very conducive for reading. Before leaving, I interacted with couple of students. They are very conceited of themselves. Students get admission in good educational institutions because of their smart and hard work, not by some freak of fate.

I knew that a visit to a top B-school would strengthen my direction & lift my spirits. John Kotter said, “Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there; they cause change. They motivate and inspire others to go in the right direction and they, along with everyone else, sacrifice to get there.” I was positively beaming with pleasure after reaching home.



2 comments:

aDitya said...

I think this would be a dream most of us. Some time in future I wish to dump this sick software life or when they will dump me I will start working towards this...
good one bro...inspiring!!

Naveen said...

Thanks Aditya. You supported me most of the times and that boosted me all the time.